Digital Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Having an online digital imprint for your company is necessary for the longevity and success of businesses today. This new digital age is fast-moving and demanding. Companies that cannot compete online will find themselves falling behind their competitors.
To ensure your company can contend properly online, you want to implement a solid digital strategy. The end goals of a great digital marketing strategy include the following:
- Achieve top rankings on search engines
- Target local consumers and consumers that are searching for similar businesses/services
- Generate traffic to your business website
- Where relevant, use new content to push down old, negative content that was published online (reputation management)
- Close consumers on the website for product or service purchase, or point of contact
Not sure where to begin for a successful marketing campaign, and ready to outsource this service? First, you must know what to look for that build the elements of a successful campaign. Secondly, you want the resources to track each avenue of the campaign. This resource is known as metrics and data analytics.
What do Digital Marketing and Analytics Provide and why are they Important?
Metrics allow you the ability to measure the success of your campaign and see where you may need to make modifications. Here is a guideline what a good set of analytics will provide you with:
- A provision for real-time data that is captured regularly
- Social media stats and comparisons across accounts, as well as details on new follows, reposts and other engagement
- Site traffic growth and engagement tracking, including highs, lows and peak times
- Mobile web traffic
- CVR (Conversion Rate)
- Bounce rate
- SEO strength breakdown, as well as recommendations for SEO improvement
- Rate, length, origin, and location of new web traffic, as well as alerts on return visitors
Of course, the overall goal is for your web traffic to ultimately convert your leads to customer sales.
How Metrics and Analytics Help You Achieve your End Goal
This important data will provide your corporate sales and executive team with the key performance indicators (KPI) that they need to break down the effectiveness of your marketing techniques. Your team will use this information to allocate the marketing budget accordingly. Analytics provide much more than just information- it's a peek inside your customer performance levels.
Data metrics allow you to measure where you are doing well with your marketing techniques- as well as where you aren't. It allows you to conduct real-time market research as to what your customers respond to- and what they don't, which gives you the upper hand in tweaking campaigns to gear them toward the desired results. Presenting this information to your marketing team allows them to review and revise- if needed- the marketing strategy based on the performance evaluation.
Having the right marketing strategy in place will keep your business relevant, competitive and rank you highly on the top search engines while generating more traffic to your website and social media platforms. The use of data metrics to measure these strategies will give that extra edge to your company, keeping you up-to-date on the ebbs and flows of your marketing techniques.