Interested in becoming a contributor on Showcase? We’d love to display your work and show off your expertise! Take a look at our guest post process and requirements below. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to ShowcaseSupport@tempestamedia.com.
The Content That Showcase Will Accept
We are currently accepting articles in the following industries and formats. Check back for updates on what we accept. We’d love to hear your suggestions on additions to this list.
Important note: If your article submission does not fall under the industry or content type that you select in the application, we reserve the right to reject the article.
- Commercial real estate
- Residential real estate
- Loans and debt
- Human resources
- Business consultation
- Executive coaching
- Health and wellness
- B2B manufacturing
- Fabricated products
- Food manufacturing
- Oil and gas
- Blog articles with valuable insights
- Thought leadership articles
- News commentaries
- Summaries of research findings
Please ensure that your article meets all of the following requirements. Any deviation from these instructions is grounds for automatic rejection. Your article should be polished and require minimal editing upon submission. Also note that Showcase does NOT except freelance writers.
Goal: Provide value, insight and education to the audience while showcasing your expertise.
- Your submission must be unique and original. Your submitted article cannot currently be published or have already been published anywhere else.
- The article must be 1,000-1,500 words in length.
- Direct promotion is not allowed. Do not include any hyperlinks or references to your own website in your content. You may provide your personal website link in your application and we will attach it to your author bio.
- You must support each assertion and statistic with a reputable linked source. Any claim that is not considered “general knowledge” in the industry must be sourced.
- Ensure your content has a purpose. Include actionable items, practical tips and/or useful knowledge.
- You can include images, charts and graphs if you want to, but only if they convey a point. You must properly source these graphics.
Showcase Voice Profile TM
- Audience: You must speak to a B2B audience. Knowledge level/type of employee within that B2B audience can vary, but we do not accept articles aimed at a B2C audience.
- Priority – Education. B2B audiences want to learn more for their personal growth and find relevant insights for company growth.
- Priority – Time management. Don’t waste their time on fluffy language or unnecessary information.
- Priority – Actionable tips that they can apply immediately. They should walk away from the article having a next step to take.
- Write for your audience’s knowledge level. If you are talking to an entry-level employee, explain high-level concepts. If you are talking to an expert executive, get right to the point and offer deep insights.
- Tone: Can range from informal to professional.
- Engaging, knowledgeable, experienced, lively.
- Fun references to pop culture, witty metaphors and the like are encouraged, but don’t waste the reader’s time on fluff or irrelevant references.
- Writing style:
- Include a catchy hook in the intro to get reader’s attention.
- Achieve a readability level of 30-50. Think high school to college graduate reading level. Use this tool to help!
- Use AP Style.
- Do not link to any competitors of Tempesta Media.
- Conclude the article with a cohesive summary of 2-3 sentences.
- Formatting requirements:
- Include a sub-headline below the title.
- Include a subheading at least once every 300 words.
- Use sentence case capitalization for subheadings and title case for the title.
- Your chosen keyword phrase should appear:
- In your meta description.
- In your title.
- Once in the first paragraph.
- In at least one subheading.
- Once every 200 words.
- Insert hyperlinks directly in the text – no footnotes, resource lists or end-of-sentence citations.
- Example of end-of sentence citation: It is the hottest summer since 1970 (Smith, 2021).
- Pay attention to the publication dates of your sources. Unless used for historical reference, we will not accept articles with sources published before 2018.
Suggestions and Tips
Be sure that your article meets the above requirements. In addition, keep these suggestions in mind to create a stronger Showcase article:
- Utilize bullet points and bolded text to help organize ideas.
- Use 2nd person perspective (addressing the audience as “you”).
- Avoid repetition.
- Avoid sentences longer than 20 words.
- Favor active voice over passive voice.
- Write shorter paragraphs – no more than five sentences per paragraph.
- Proofread your article for flow and structure. This will help you identify gaps in explanations or areas to rearrange to fit a more logical order.
- Proofread your article for spelling and grammar errors.
Showcase Contribution Submission FormImportant: Before filling out this form, please make sure you’ve read the requirements and suggestions above. Remember that we do not accept freelance writers. Also, take note that we only accept and publish unique, original content. Your submitted article cannot currently be published or have already been published anywhere else. Finally, remember that Tempesta Media owns all approved submissions.
Instructions: Please fill out the form below to begin the process. Fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
Once you’ve submitted, please allow one week for Tempesta Media to review your article. We will only contact you if we have accepted your article. We reserve the right to reject any article submission without explanation.
Depending on the quality of your submitted article, you will either be billed a publication fee or Showcase may accept the article at no cost to you. Contact ShowcaseSupport@tempestamedia.com for more information.